A calm morning routine helps keep us in the right state of mind for the day. Here are 5 ways to create a better routine.
- Prep for the morning the night before.
- Lay out your clothes.
- Get your work items together and ready by the door.
- Load the water and coffee ground into the machine and set a timer (if you have one).
- Get up 15 minutes early. (I’ll be posting about getting up even earlier, and how to make it stick soon)
- Carve out time to have a quiet cup of coffee and a low-sugar snack (or breakfast).
- Listen to music on your iPhone or iPod. Maybe even start your day with your favorite podcast (that’s what I d0)
- Be mindful, and grateful that the powers that be have given you another day.